RE: non-widget child "DropSiteManager" error (WAS: RE: Grace (xmgrace) 5.1.12-1 ... )

To ask a simple question:

When are the dll supposed to get created during the build/install
process?

*duh* okay --  I did not look in the *-announce archives. But I did see
this same text in the lesstif.README of the distribution. Maybe I did
not understand it... I interpret these points ("Port notes")  as
referring to things that Harold has already done for this version, not
something that the user has to do. Is this incorrect? It seemed to work
for Harold anyways, he has generated a package.

>Why are you trying to build it yourself?
Obviously I must be a masochist with a need to waste time. :-D

>See the following reference for some details:
>http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2003-10/msg00401.html
Okay, that explains something.

>Did you make sure that this step from Harold's lesstif announcement
>worked?

No, in fact I am sorry but I still don't understand what you are asking.
I do have the up-to-date build tools, as of that day that Harold posted
0.93.91-6 , unless I am completely missign something. There were no
complaints from the confiure/build script though. dlltool is installed,
the command for creating dll seems to be located in ltmain.sh , I don't
see any messages saying that it failed. I just don't get dll's

How should one 'check if (all these steps) worked'? I would expect it to
fail with certain messages if it didn't work.

Is there any other step *necessary* besides:

1 change the script to have --enable-debug --enable-shared
--disable-static flags

2 ./lesstif-0.93.91-6.sh prep
3 ./lesstif-0.93.91-6.sh conf
4 ./lesstif-0.93.91-6.sh build
5 ./lesstif-0.93.91-6.sh install

6 then using the result in the .install directory?

 I used
./lesstif-0.93.91-6.sh all

the first time I tried it, with identical results (except I had to
untarbz the results, and debug was not enabled) I have not looked into
creating a setup.ini, is this where the .dll get created?

Or to ask a very uncomplicated question:

When are the dll supposed to get created in the build/install process?

Given this information I may be able to see why it is not happening on
my system. I am going to move this question to the top of this message
so maybe people will see it instead of having to read down to this
point!

Thanks,
Robert