System lockup problems with XWin clipboard(?)

I have for some time accumulated a suspicion that XWin is at some point
hogging the global Windows message loop.

This post is the feeble beginning of cornering this problem.

- The most recent thing that made me suspect this, was when I was
debugging an application that got stuck on the statement below. After
shutting down XWin, the application was unstuck.

result =
SendMessage ( myWindow,
myMessage,
(WPARAM)id,
(LPARAM)0);

Unfortunally I stomped over the XWin.log before I could save it.

- Eclipse (Java IDE) exited with an exception when I asked it to create
a patch to the clipboard. After restarting XWin, the problem went away.

Øyvind