X11 error when using gv.

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the previous post, that is what happens when
you have clumsy fingers...smile.

I have been using cygwin for a few years now and love
it, especially since xwindows works.  I can compile
C/C++ programs with no problems, run lyx which is a
really cool document processor and all without having
to reboot the machine.  I have been trying to get
linux working on this machine for some time and have
decided that for now, Cygwin will do what I need with
no fuss and no hassle and no doinking around trying to
get printers, network, modem, even the Xwindows to
work.  Cygwin just works right after installation and
I can be productive immediately.

That being said, I am having a little problem with
using ghostview under Cygwin/X11.  Ghostview seems to
work porperly, it comes up just great.  But when I try
to view any kind of file (pdf, ps, etc. ) or when I
run lyx and try to view pdf after creating a document
from there, a dialog box pops up with the message:

   Unknown device: x11

I am not sure what is happening here.  It seems I may
not have installed all the proper files when I ran
setup.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day!!

James E. Merritt