Re: frozen screen

J S wrote:

> I'm running an x-app on xfree, which after going through certain options on
> the app, freezes the x- window where I'm working. The window stops
> responding to any keys or mouse clicks.

This is quite unprecise. Which application is it and what are the options
which cause the freeze?

The application is called EMC Symmetrix Console. It's used for managing EMC disks. The console has the usual menu headings in the top bar, e.g File, Edit, View etc. Under this, is a layout of the loaded disks and a pool of offline disks at the bottom of the screen.
You are able to select and drag offline disks to bring them online. It's at this point where you select the disk that a dialog window pops up and the user is prompted for information about where to add the disk to. After clicking the OK button on the dialog window, the console locks up and I'm no longer able to select anything with the mouse (although the mouse is still able to move around the screen). None of the keys e.g. ALT+F work either.

>This is a tail from xwin.log

The log shows nothing strange but it only logs a few things.

bye ago NP: Diary of Dreams - Traum:A -- Alexander.Gottwald@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de http://www.gotti.org ICQ: 126018723

_________________________________________________________________ Express yourself with cool new emoticons http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/myemo