RE: simple problem with 2 monitors

Though I do not use multiple monitors and may be missing something about the
way you are doing things, I think that what you are missing is that in
multiwindow mode, each X window is a separate MS window. There is also a
root X window that is usually hidden, but that you can see, and would see as
a dark background with, potentially, some white rectangles that may or may
not show something else.  There would be no menu bars on these.  My guess is
that you moved the root window to your other monitor, but did not move any
of the X windows there.  Is that possible?

- Andy