Re: remote xemacs and selection problem (using XWin -clipboard)

"Kris Thielemans" <kris.thielemans@csc.mrc.ac.uk> writes:

>I have a problem running XEmacs remotely. When I press ctrl-space, I
>do get 'mark set', but when I then press Ctrl-w to cut something, I
>get 'The region is not active now'.

>The problem disappears when I remove the -clipboard option from Xwin.

I think you can fix this by setting transient-mark-mode.  I know I had
the same problem with my XEmacs, and fixed it somehow, but strangely I
can't find any mention of transient-mark-mode in my ~/.emacs or
~/.xemacs/ although I do get the behaviour it turns on - not
highlighting the region when it is selected with the keyboard.

--
Ed Avis <ed@membled.com>