Re: cannot get XDM on remote RH 8

Chris Green wrote:
On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 04:22:48PM +0100, amr roushi wrote:

I am running on W2K with XF86 and running fine with AIX & SUSE I get the xdm login via
xwin :0 -query hostname -from hostnameHere .
all addresses are resolveable and XDM enabled .
when doing this to the redhat Nothing happens and also nothing in the XF86 log .

Is xdm actually running on the Redhat system?  On most Linux systems
it isn't started by default I don't think, I usually add it to the
rc.local file.

Chris thank u for the hint can u give me the line to add in rc.local and where it is
thks agin for ur help
amr