Re: X compression techniques (was Re: VNC server based on kdriveusing damage extension?)

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Gian Filippo Pinzari wrote:

> Alexander Gottwald wrote:
> >
> >>For example we modified the Xwin X server to not rely on
> >>Xlib for rootless operation. The code is there, if anybody
> >>is interested.
> >

> > you mean the Cygwin/X server? These changes are surly interesting to
> > us.
>
> http://www.nomachine.com/download/nxsources/nxwin/nxwin-1.3.0-1.tar.gz
>
> Let me know if you need any info. The code is under the
> GPL now, but we can re-license it under the X11 license.
> Just let me know.

I'm looking at the diff now.

Wow, there have been a lot of changes in cvs since you took the snapshot.
The diff is quite big *g*

Looks like the required functions from libX11 were directly included?

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de