Re: Windows XP SP2 and Firewall

Stuart Adamson wrote:

I'll do some research on how to change the firewall settings from a running program.

Any comments and ideas?

What happens when X crashes?  We *have* to restore the firewall in this
case.  I *think* we can catch this case using SEH - but we can't compile
using gcc then...

That was not my impression from reading information about XP SP2.

However, I don't think we are going to have to modify anything anyway, since the default for the new firewall in SP2 is to allowing incoming connections for a few seconds from the remote host after an outbound connection has been made to it. This should work just fine with our outbound UDP connection that expects to get a return TCP connection for Xdmcp.