Re: XWin -clipboard and xterm focus

Doh! I exited all cygwin windows but forgot about the sshd. I forgot, its a
windows machine: when in doubt, reboot!

So...this seems to have fixed the focus problem; the clipboard still doesn't
work but now that I have the updated log I see that its not launching this
with the -clipboard arg. Curious, since I pass the -clipboard arg in my
xstartup.sh, which sez xinit -- XWin -clipboard -multiwindow; this in turn
is started with a windows shortcut

C:\cygwin\bin\cygstart.exe --hide "c:\Documents and
Settings\psw\xstartup.sh"

This also is the case if I launch using sh xstartup.sh from  a bash shell.
Should I explicitly start XWin and the clients rather than using the
xinit -- XWin trick?

Here is the complete log

Welcome to the XWin X Server
Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
Release: 4.3.0.50
Contact: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com

XWin was started with the following command line:

XWin -multiwindow -emulate3buttons :0

ddxProcessArgument - Initializing default screens
winInitializeDefaultScreens - w 1280 h 1024
winInitializeDefaultScreens - Returning
OsVendorInit - Creating bogus screen 0
_XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to root
winValidateArgs - g_iNumScreens: 1 iMaxConsecutiveScreen: 1
winDetectSupportedEngines - Windows NT/2000/XP
winDetectSupportedEngines - DirectDraw installed
winDetectSupportedEngines - DirectDraw4 installed
winDetectSupportedEngines - Returning, supported engines 00000007
winScreenInit - dwWidth: 1280 dwHeight: 1024
winSetEngine - Multi Window => ShadowGDI
winAdjustVideoModeShadowGDI - Using Windows display depth of 32 bits per
pixel
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed - User w: 1280 h: 1024
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed - Current w: 1280 h: 1024
winAdjustForAutoHide - Original WorkArea: 0 0 992 1280
winAdjustForAutoHide - Adjusted WorkArea: 0 0 992 1280
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed - WindowClient w 1280 h 992 r 1280 l 0 b 992
t 0
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed -  Returning
winAllocateFBShadowGDI - Creating DIB with width: 1280 height: 992 depth: 32
winAllocateFBShadowGDI - Dibsection width: 1280 height: 992 depth: 32 size
image: 5079040
winAllocateFBShadowGDI - Created shadow stride: 1280
winFinishScreenInitFB - Masks: 00ff0000 0000ff00 000000ff
winInitVisualsShadowGDI - Masks 00ff0000 0000ff00 000000ff BPRGB 8 d 24 bpp
32
winCreateDefColormap - Deferring to fbCreateDefColormap ()
null screen fn ReparentWindow
null screen fn RestackWindow
winFinishScreenInitFB - Calling winInitWM.
InitQueue - Calling pthread_mutex_init
InitQueue - pthread_mutex_init returned
InitQueue - Calling pthread_cond_init
InitQueue - pthread_cond_init returned
winInitMultiWindowWM - Hello
winInitMultiWindowWM - Calling pthread_mutex_lock ()
winInitWM - Returning.
winFinishScreenInitFB - returning
winScreenInit - returning
winMultiWindowXMsgProc - Hello
winMultiWindowXMsgProc - Calling pthread_mutex_lock ()
InitOutput - Returning.
MIT-SHM extension disabled due to lack of kernel support
XFree86-Bigfont extension local-client optimization disabled due to lack of
shared memory support in the kernel
(--) Setting autorepeat to delay=500, rate=31
(--) winConfigKeyboard - Layout: "00000409" (00000409)
Rules = "xfree86" Model = "pc101" Layout = "us" Variant = "(null)" Options =
"(null)"
winPointerWarpCursor - Discarding first warp: 640 496
winBlockHandler - Releasing pmServerStarted
winInitMultiWindowWM - pthread_mutex_lock () returned.
winBlockHandler - pthread_mutex_unlock () returned
winProcEstablishConnection - Hello
winProcEstablishConnection - Clipboard is not enabled, returning.
winInitMultiWindowWM - pthread_mutex_unlock () returned.
winInitMultiWindowWM - DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
winMultiWindowXMsgProc - pthread_mutex_lock () returned.
winMultiWindowXMsgProc - pthread_mutex_unlock () returned.
winMultiWindowXMsgProc - DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
winMultiWindowXMsgProc - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully opened
the display.
winInitMultiWindowWM - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully opened the
display.

Peter