 Haro

From: "Earle F. Philhower III" <earle at ziplabel dot com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 20:38:20 -0800
::At 12:31 PM 3/15/2004 +0900, Haro wrote:
::>I'm not sure I'm following your instructions correctly, but
::>changing resolutions does not seem to change the situation.
::>I've also placed both .ico file into same directory, browsed them
::>using Widows exlore, and x_test6.ico gets garbled but x_test8.ico
::>shows nothing. It's same even when browsed with small icon.
::>FYI, I've attached the screen-shot.
::
::I've only been partially following this thread but as a point of
::reference I found that drawing of icons was something that device
::drivers accelerated under Win95/98/ME, but sometimes they didn't
::quite accelerate it properly and introduced artifacts when confronted
::with anything other than a 16-color 32x32 icon (IIRC ATI drivers
::were really bad about this!).  FWIW I've never seen this kind of
::driver problem under Win NT/2K/XP...
::
::As just a silly test, if you're running Windows95/98/ME, can you turn
::off all HW acceleration (there's an option in the System/"My Computer"
::control panel, Advanced tab IIRC, or in the Display properties control
::Advanced tab/button for this) and restart the computer and try to start
::XWin again and see if the icon is still bad?  If it works unaccelerated,
::then there's a driver issue.  If it doesn't work unaccelerated, then
::it's something else completely...(Don't forget to turn back on
::acceleration after the test!)