Re: Can't start a specific remote X app any more

On 18 Mar, To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com wrote:
>  Now when I try to run one particular remote X application (my MUA) I get
>  this error:
>
>  X Error of failed request:  BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter)
>    Major opcode of failed request:  18 (X_ChangeProperty)
>    Atom id in failed request:  0xee
>    Serial number of failed request:  12
>    Current serial number in output stream:  15

I tried running the MUA from inside gdb, and it worked.
Basically, this is what happened

	postilion --> error message above
	repeat 3 times
	ssh -X to my Linux machine
	postilion --> error message above
	xmessage --> ok
	tkxplanet --> ok
	postilion inside gdb --> ok
	postilion --> ok
	# log out
	postilion --> this error message:

X Error of failed request:  BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  20 (X_GetProperty)
  Atom id in failed request:  0xee
  Serial number of failed request:  11

	ssh -X to my Linux machine

$ tkxplanet
X Error of failed request:  BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter
  Major opcode of failed request:  20 (X_GetProperty)
  Atom id in failed request:  0xee
  Serial number of failed request:  11
$ xmessage ok
$ tkxplanet
X Error of failed request:  BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  20 (X_GetProperty)
  Atom id in failed request:  0xee
  Serial number of failed request:  11

I haven't managed to run the MUA a 2nd time.

Ah.  Having just typed all this up, I just tried again in case it might
be time related.  Since both times it worked, it was about 10 minutes
after a series of failures.  Sure enough, it's working again at the
moment.

Any idea what might be going on here?

luke