Re: Starting X server on cygwin

Well, I've looked at that address and I've done all they asked but it still doesn't work. I've done as followS:

Danielle@DANI ~
$ sh /usr/X11R6/bin/startxwin.sh

Danielle@DANI ~
$ cp /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc ~/.xinitrc

Danielle@DANI ~
$ cd /usr/X11R6/bin && startx
bash: startx: command not found

Danielle@DANI /usr/X11R6/bin
$ cd /usr/X11R6/bin/startx
bash: cd: /usr/X11R6/bin/startx: Not a directory

Danielle@DANI /usr/X11R6/bin
$ PATH=%PATH:/usr/X11R6/bin

Danielle@DANI /usr/X11R6/bin
$ startx
[: and: unknown operand
[: and: unknown operand
export: Settings/Danielle/.Xauthority: bad variable name

but I receive a message telling that the cygwin1.dll can't be found, but i have it in c:\cygwin\bin.

I've been trying to install a simulator player stage but it looks for X server and can't find it. I just can't make it work.

Thanks,
Dani.

It seems from the approach taken that you have not taken the time to
RTFM.  Take a look at:

http://x.cygwin.com/docs/ug/using.html#using-starting

Lou

* Danielle <danyssilva@yahoo.com.br> [2004-03-18 10:17]: