Re: XWin doesn't close by itself

Am 21 Mar 2004 um 17:46 hat Volker Lenhardt geschrieben:

> Am Sonntag, 21. März 2004 14:01 schrieb Alexander Gottwald:
> > Volker Lenhardt wrote:
> > > There's some cleaning up mechanism at the start of startxwin.bat, but it
> > > doesn't seem to be helpful. How can I check for a running X server, so
> > > my batch doesn't start a new one? Or how can I close the X server at the
> > > close of the batch?
> >
> > I another xserver is already running then the newly started xserver will
> > notice it and not start up.
> >

> I'd be happy, if it did so. So I try and skip all of the cleaning up and
> start XWin only if there doesn't exist a .../tmp/X0. It works so far.
> Can I get into trouble some time if I don't clean up?

Okay, I found it out by myself. When I log out of Windows an open X server is not
properly closed as well. So there's an entry left in /tmp... that shams an open server
process. Now I check for it via ps and grep. It seems to be waterproof.

Thanks and greetings
Volker

--
Volker Lenhardt