Re: Logfile symlink vulnerability

Eran,

> It's really a classical Unix security pitfall that occurs whenever you
> write to files in world-writable directories. It has to be dealt with at
> the application level, either by being careful about existing files or
> by using atomically generated unique filenames.

Because the vulnerability is not unique to Cygwin/X as you
mentioned, it should be fixed in upper levels so that every
implementation of XFree86 can benefit.  If some of those
(e.g. X server of Linux) have already fixed it we can borrow
it instead of a redundant reinvention.

However, I must say that I can't contribute to this point
because of lack of time.  Could you look into other
implementations?  It should be greatly appreciated.

Takuma Murakami