Pathnames for X server app-defaults etc.

Earlier this week, I re-installed Cygwin from scratch.  The current version
of the X server is 4.3.0-60.

I noticed various oddities - in particular, application default files
were ignored and the keyboard map was incorrect (for example, '#' produced
a '\').  Then I realized that the server now expects to find all the config
files under /usr/X11R6/lib/X11.  Installing a few symlinks fixed all
the problems:

cd /usr/X11R6/lib/X11; ln -s /etc/X11 .

Now everything works properly.   However, it seems to me that something is
wrong with the package installation scripts which should either install all
the files in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11, or create the relevant symlinks in this
directory.