Re: uxterm from xterm-185-3 and xfontsel crashing when running under cygserver support

On Mar 25 19:12, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
> Ok here my debug attempts. Following is the output of
> /var/log/cygserver.log when starting xfontsel. After the -- snip --
> you'll find the lines which showed up when xfontsel crashed. For this
> run I started the XWin server without the env variable XF86BIGFONT_DISABLE.
> Doesn't seem very useful so.

Nope, the output of cygserver doesn't indicate anything.  And the normal
log output is missing since it's still gone to the event log.
Btw., you can start cygserver under administrator account in a console.
That's sufficient from the user rights perspective and you can easily
redirect the log which goes to stderr then by default.

> Attaching to program `/usr/X11R6/bin/xfontsel.exe', process 1624

Well... that's even less helpful with no debug symbols in the binary.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.