Re: window mangager running already

It looks like X has not stopped properly. If there is not a remaining
window - check the process list, and look for XWin.exe. Stop this process
- and try to start it up again.

As for a multi-desktop screen - a couple of google, and sourceforge sites
reveal many options(currently sourceforge is down for maintenance).  For
example listing only free ones:

Multidesk 2001 http://download.com.com/3000-2346-3293012.html?tag=lst-0-9

SDesk (More of a superlarge scrollable desktop)
http://download.com.com/3000-2346-10133509.html?tag=lst-0-16

There are many- If I could get to sourceforge now I would list those in
preference....

Orion

--
OrionRobots.co.uk - Robots from Sol to Sirius.
http://www.tiscali-network.co.uk/orionbroadband/services/ - Broadband and