invalid Window parameter error through ssh X forwarding

I have just upgraded my xfree-cygwin setup (Xwin serv Release 4.3.0-64, etc.).

Some apps that worked through ssh without any problem with my previous setup (Xwin serv Release 4.3.0-58, etc.) are now exiting with errors messages related to an invalid Window parameter.

For example, in a xterm after an ssh connect with X forwarding, gftp starts but as soon as I try to select a menu item, I get the following error:
=======
[gourdeau@gourdeau1 gourdeau]$ gftp &
[1] 13684
[gourdeau@gourdeau1 gourdeau]$ Gdk-ERROR **: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
Gdk-ERROR **: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)

[1]+ Exit 1 gftp
=======
I have notice that the mouse cursor remains as an "X" and does not change to an arrow when moved over the "gftp" application.

I am using the "startxwin.sh" script from the distribution (unmodified) to start Xwin in multiwindow mode.

Should I specify some optional parameters or is this a known problem ?

--
Richard Gourdeau