Re: Re: Possible bug trying to run Eclipse GTK?

Harold,

Thanks for your response.  Although I try hard not to be an idiot sometimes, it does happen!  The original response to my note mentioned the -Y parameter and provided this link http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html#q-ssh-no-x11forwarding.  I immediately went to the link and validated that things in my setup matched up to that FAQ item.  Unfortunately, I didn't see anything in that FAQ item about the -Y parameter and so I promptly forgot about it.  Switching to the -Y parameter does seem to solve the problem, so I definitely appreciate that.

I do think that the FAQ item needs to be clarified to include the information about the -Y parameter.  A text search on "-Y" on the entire FAQ does not return any hits.  So, it isn't so much that I don't believe you guys and I'm not willing to do the work.  Instead, I trusted the FAQ to include all of the necessary information rather than realizing the FAQ information needed to be reconciled with the email information I was given.

In summary, -Y appears to solve my problem, but I believe the FAQ needs some clarification to avoid others having this problem.  Oh, and thanks so much for this project.  It helps me build and test my open-source EclipseME plugin for Linux users.

Thanks,
Craig