GB keyboard layout broken

(Re: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2004-04/msg00095.html )

xkbcomp does now work for me and produce the correct layout though I
could almost swear it didn't in the previous cygwin X release.

I never had any non-binmode mounts.

(Soon after xkbcomp the X server locked up but this might be general
windows flakiness.)

What is the correct way to get the right layout at startup ? Surely
not run xkbcomp in startxwin ? A previous technique was to run
xmodmap on a dump from a working X server.

Another thing. Are the window minimize and maximize buttons supposed
to work ?

Cheers,

Jon