I miss files and openssl doesnt want to install

Hello

I installed newest cygwin and am now trying to figure this unix-thingie out.

First question is about 'rxvt'
In the manual it says:

"Is there a better alternative to the standard console window?

Yes! Use rxvt instead. It's an optional package in Cygwin Setup. You can use it with or without X11. You can resize it easily by dragging an edge or corner. Copy and paste is easy with the left and middle mouse buttons, respectively. It will honor settings in your ~/.Xdefaults file, even without X.
Don't invoke as simply "rxvt" because that will run /bin/sh (really ash) which is not a good interactive shell. For details see /usr/doc/Cygwin/rxvt-<ver>.README."

I dont have /usr/doc directory anywhere, and the only documents that had 'rxvt' in their filename are "cygwin\usr\share\terminfo\r" and do not open in any texteditor.

Where can I find the rxvt-thingie?

Today I dloaded openssl 0.9.7d, located the compiler and perl from internet and installed it.
The install went ok but the openssl doesnt work (or I cant find it).

Here is what openssl's install.w32 says about cygwin:

175  * Run the Cygwin bash shell
176
177  * $ tar zxvf openssl-x.x.x.tar.gz
178    $ cd openssl-x.x.x
179    $ ./config
180    [...]
181    $ make
182    [...]
183    $ make test
184    $ make install
185
186  This will create a default install in /usr/local/ssl.

Everything went smooth untill the line 181 and "make", this is what i get:

inqu@murikka ~/openssl-0.9.7d
$ make
d:\cygwin\bin\make.exe: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

inqu@murikka ~/openssl-0.9.7d
$make test
d:\cygwin\bin\make.exe: Nothing to be done for 'test'.

inqu@murikka ~/openssl-0.9.7d
$make install
d:\cygwin\bin\make.exe: Nothing to be done for 'install'.

After that the prog is supposed to start with command "openssl" but it
doesnt work. There is also no "usr/local/ssl" directory, the only "ssl" directory is "cygwin\home\Inqu\openssl-0.9.7d\ssl".

Is the ssl installed now or not and how can I find it?
I'm using "mingw" compiler, and winxp.

-- Jalka on tuolin ehto