Re: Problem with truetype fonts caused by not building FreeType module?

Lev S Bishop wrote:

(Replying to my own message)

I messed about with the host.def.in and got it to sort of work. My
host.def.in is:

#define BuildFreeType                   YES
#define BuildServersOnly                YES
#define XnestServer                     NO
#define XVirtualFramebufferServer       NO

#define BuildXWinMultiWindowExtWM       NO
#define EtcX11Directory                 @sysconfdir@
#define ProjectRoot                     @prefix@

I also had to grab xc/lib/font/FreeType from the freedesktop cvs (tag CYGWIN if that's relevant). (Using the latest src packages from setup for the other sources).

Now you are getting somewhere... the implication of "BuildFreeType NO" is that you are going to use the installed version since we set "HasFreeType YES", but this does not appear to be the case. We'll either have to fix the build rules or just set BuildFreeType to YES but not actually include it in our distribution, just as we do for Xft.