Re: 6.7.0.0 XWin w/out -nodecoration running in background doesn'tdisplay anything

Yeah, you can't use "run" in the batch file... you have to use "start" instead. I noticed this right before the release, but I don't have a permanent solution yet. We had to switch from "start" to "run" because "start" doesn't prevent a DOS box from being displayed and because we switched XWin.exe from not displaying a DOS box by default to displaying a DOS box by default. The reason for this is that the new logging facility allows sending messages both to standard output and to a log file if one is opened sometime after the server starts (message have to be cached until that point since they would otherwise be lost since the log file isn't open yet). The nicest thing about this is that people running "XWin -help" will now see the help output instead of having to open /tmp/XWin.log to see the output.

What is the permanent solution to the problem? I don't know. I think it may be time to finish writing the batch file that just launches a bash shell script, but I haven't got time to work on that today.

Harold