Re: 6.7.0.0 XWin w/out -nodecoration running in background doesn'tdisplay anything

As cygwin provides a *nix-like environment, there IS a (shell) solution. Would be the first problem which couldn't worked around :-)

I'm not so shure about this. At least i didn't find a solution to get rid of the additional window, maybe someone else knows the trick.
Starting in bash with setsid, screen or & didn't help. Even if you get back to a prompt, closing the shell means ending Xwin. Weird.

Does anyone know howto start a cmd.exe in Windows without getting a new button in taskbar?

XWin.exe... but the other solution is to just use bash so we can do
"XWin &" instead of using start or run.  Find whatever solution you need

that's what i did up to now. But Xwin somehow keeps its connection to the starting environment if you don't use -nodecoration.