netscape 4.8 crashed on Cygwin/X

I tried to X11-forward a netscape 4.8 browser window
using Cygwin/X from a Solaris 8 (recent patches
applied) server and I got the following error:

$ ./netscape
X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid
Pixmap or Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  73 (X_GetImage)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x3a
  Serial number of failed request:  78

and no browser window.  It worked under Exceed, so it
does not appear to be a problem with the netscape
binary.  I did not see any other instances of this
problem on the list.

I don't need a resolution, considering the quality of
the Solaris implementation of netscape (and netscape's
implementation of Mozilla) I'm happier forwarding the
ports I need and using my local browser.  Just thought
I'd bring it up, I'm not going to debug it (don't code
much under Windows).