Re: Problem with gv

I also get  the message:

"Error: PostScript interpreter failed in main window"

when running gv, after updating all cygwin packages and attempting:

$ gv /usr/share/doc/gnuplot-3.8j.0/psdoc/ps_guide.ps

The /etc/profile which got installed had:

PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:$PATH"

export PATH

Changing this to follow Igor's suggestion to:

PATH="/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:$PATH"

export PATH

SOLVED THE PROBLEM.

P.S.  For naive readers who need this solution; remember to
$ source /etc/profile
after making the change, to see gv work in your current window.

Disclaimer:  This solution is designed and tested for using the bash shell, in those situations where /etc/profile is executed....