Re: How to use to connect to Linux X Windows?

Thanks for the link.  Reading it prompted me to read the XDMCP Howto, which
helped out significantly.

I followed the instructions in the XDMCP howto, and managed to connect no
problem from one computer.  However, when I follow exactly the same setup
steps for Cygwin on another computer, I am unable to connect remotely to the
XDM on my Linux machine.  Xwin just opens with a blank screen.  Both
machines are on the same internal subnet and I am issuing the same command
to both (Xwin -query 192.168.2.1).

Is there any debugging information I can turn on to find out what machine #1
is doing that machine #2 is not?  I even went as far as copying the Cygwin
directory from the functional machine to the non-functional one in case
there was a problem with the install, but that did not make a difference
either.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Eric

40845564.3070401@cfl.rr.com">news:40845564.3070401@cfl.rr.com...