CVS via HTTP [Was Re: Fix - Occasional Paste Problem]

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Wilks, Dan wrote:

> [snip]
> Here's a proposed patch.  Sorry, not from CVS since I can't get external cvs
> access from work at the moment.  They are from the most recent install from
> cygwin.com though (6.7.0.0-7).
>
> If not obvious this is the first time I've sent in a patch so please let me
> know if there's anything you'd like done differently (other than using the
> CVS sources - sorry).
>
> Dan
> [snip]

Dan,

FYI, ViewCVS is a surprisingly flexible interface that lets you access CVS
repositories from the web[*].  It's rather impractical for complete module
checkouts, but does allow you to retrieve any individual file via HTTP
pretty easily.  Since your patch only covers 5 files, it might be well to
try at least comparing the latest release with the CVS versions -- though
I doubt there's much divergence, as Harold likes to release "early and
often".
	Igor
[*] <http://freedesktop.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xc/?root=xorg>; the
affected files are all in programs/Xserver/hw/xwin/ (select the CYGWIN tag).
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu