UK keyboard layout problem

Hi

since updating the XFree version to the latest version (via cygwin setup), I
always have the US keyboard layout. Note that I had the appropriate UK
layout before without having to do anything at all (I did skip a few updates
so unfortunately can't tell you from when this happened).

So, I tried to read the FAQ and did the following:

I modified startxwin.bat to do:

	XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -emulate3buttons -xkblayout uk

but that didn't help.

Then I tried the testing procedure given on the web page:

	setxkbmap de -model pc105

but I get the following:

Couldn't interpret _XKB_RULES_NAMES property
Use defaults: rules - 'xorg' model - 'pc101' layout - 'us'
Couldn't find rules file (xorg)

Potentially related is that I don't seem to have
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb, but only
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb.old-1

What can I do?

(running NT 4.0 sp6a and the latest cygwin according to what setup says)

Thanks!

Kris Thielemans
Hammersmith Imanet
Cyclotron Building