Re: XWin listens on too many TCP ports and killing existing connections.

Ago -

Yes, I do have ZoneAlarm 4.5 installed.  There is no
log of anything related to Cygwin that were blocked by
the firewall.

Here's XWin.log:

Welcome to the XWin X Server
Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
Release: 6.7.0.0-8

Contact: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com

XWin was started with the following command line:

X :0 -multiwindow -clipboard

ddxProcessArgument - Initializing default screens
winInitializeDefaultScreens - w 1280 h 1024
winInitializeDefaultScreens - Returning
_XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be
set to root
winValidateArgs - g_iNumScreens: 1
iMaxConsecutiveScreen: 1
(II) XF86Config is not supported
(II) See
http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html for
more information
winPrefsLoadPreferences: /cygdrive/f/knn/home/.XWinrc
LoadPreferences: Done parsing the configuration
file...
winDetectSupportedEngines - Windows NT/2000/XP
winDetectSupportedEngines - DirectDraw installed
winDetectSupportedEngines - DirectDraw4 installed
winDetectSupportedEngines - Returning, supported
engines 00000007
winSetEngine - Multi Window or Rootless => ShadowGDI
winAdjustVideoModeShadowGDI - Using Windows display
depth of 32 bits per pixel
winAllocateFBShadowGDI - Creating DIB with width: 1280
height: 1023 depth: 32
winFinishScreenInitFB - Masks: 00ff0000 0000ff00
000000ff
winInitVisualsShadowGDI - Masks 00ff0000 0000ff00
000000ff BPRGB 8 d 24 bpp 32
null screen fn ReparentWindow
null screen fn RestackWindow
InitQueue - Calling pthread_mutex_init
InitQueue - pthread_mutex_init returned
InitQueue - Calling pthread_cond_init
InitQueue - pthread_cond_init returned
winInitMultiWindowWM - Hello
winInitMultiWindowWM - Calling pthread_mutex_lock ()
winMultiWindowXMsgProc - Hello
winMultiWindowXMsgProc - Calling pthread_mutex_lock ()
MIT-SHM extension disabled due to lack of kernel
support
XFree86-Bigfont extension local-client optimization
disabled due to lack of shared memory support in the
kernel
(--) Setting autorepeat to delay=500, rate=31
(--) winConfigKeyboard - Layout: "00000409" (00000409)

(EE) Keyboardlayout "US" (00000409) is unknown
Rules = "xorg" Model = "pc101" Layout = "us" Variant =
"(null)" Options = "(null)"
Could not init font path element
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing from list!
winPointerWarpCursor - Discarding first warp: 640 511
winInitMultiWindowWM - pthread_mutex_lock () returned.
winMultiWindowXMsgProc - pthread_mutex_lock ()
returned.
winMultiWindowXMsgProc - pthread_mutex_unlock ()
returned.
winMultiWindowXMsgProc - DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
winInitMultiWindowWM - pthread_mutex_unlock ()
returned.
winInitMultiWindowWM - DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
winProcEstablishConnection - Hello
winInitClipboard ()
winProcEstablishConnection - winInitClipboard
returned.
winClipboardProc - Hello
DetectUnicodeSupport - Windows NT/2000/XP
winClipboardProc - DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
winInitMultiWindowWM - XOpenDisplay () returned and
successfully opened the display.
winMultiWindowXMsgProc - XOpenDisplay () returned and
successfully opened the display.
winClipboardProc - XOpenDisplay () returned and
successfully opened the display.
winProcSetSelectionOwner - Clipboard not yet started,
aborting.
winProcSetSelectionOwner - Clipboard not yet started,
aborting.

Thanks,
Khoa Nguyen

--- Alexander Gottwald