Re: Differnce between Xfree and Xorg

On Wed, 12 May 2004, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Wed, 12 May 2004, Alexander Gottwald wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 12 May 2004, aroushdi wrote:
> >
> > > I am a little bit confused I see here that we have moved to Xorg
> > > distribution . I took a look at XFree.org and it seems they have
> > > Binaries for Cygwin till 4.4 .
> >
> > These binaries are likely to be very outdated. We moved to X.org because
> > it was easier for Cygwin/X developers to get cvs access there. XFree
> > only allowed cvs access for a few people from the core team. We had
> > to ask them to include the changes into their cvs. As a result the
> > XFree cvs was always a few weeks up to some months behind the Cygwin/X
> > development.
> >
> > The cygwin part from XFree may now be about 7 or 8 months old. Many
>
> Before saying "may be", it is proper to verify your statements.
> The 4.4 binaries are no older than the end of December.

I did. The last change to the hw/xwin files was 4 months ago (according to
wincvs) and those were only changes which were required because some macros
changed. The last major patch for hw/xwin was applied by egbert on
Wed Oct 8 10:13:03 2003 UTC (7 months ago) by eich

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de