Problems using Xorg server...

Hi folks,

Since I moved from the XFree86 Xwin to the Xorg Xwin I have had two problems
that are proving rather irritating. I am using the -9 server at the moment.

The first is that, with the old XFree86 I had a DOS batch script that would
run "Xwin -query" to connect to the remote host and then quit. Since Xwin
started writing its log output to the DOS console I can't get the DOS window
to go away. How can I get back to the old behaviour?

The second is a bug has resurfaced that was fixed in XFree86/Xwin ages ago:
quite frequently I find that a key is autorepeating in the X session when it
shouldn't, and wouldn't in a normal Win app.

Hope you can help,

Ruth