Re: Differnce between Xfree and Xorg

Alexander Gottwald wrote:
On Mon, 17 May 2004, aroushdi wrote:

Alexander Gottwald wrote:

aroushdi wrote:

how is /tmp mounted?

With the mount command I realized that /tmp was mounted on \documents and settings . This is a new change .

I've a small test program which prints the installed network devices.
http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~goal/xfree/ls_netdev.tar.gz

Hm. It reported 3 network adapters. 1 real and two pseudo (loopback and vmware)
maybe this causes the problem.

Xwin :30 -query iccpart2 -from icc68651 -fp tcp/iccpart1:7100 -once

Have you already tried using the ip adress instead of the hostname. eg Xwin :30 -query iccpart2 -from 199.1.100.60 -fp tcp/iccpart1:7100 -once

I am attaching file containing the information u need .I have added to it netstat -a results the Xwin.log which is running till now and then another Xwin.log which overwrote the old one and of course produced the same error ( unable to bind )
thank u again

bye
	ago
Alex one more thing which might help the second session aquires a lock in /tmp/.X11-unix . It has tb cleaned manually to free this port
thks n by