GVIM receives SEGV in cygwin environment

Hi,
I think   I  have  found  the  reason  for gvim
receiving SEGV under
cygwin environment.

I have installed cygwin on my XP machine.I downloaded
the vim source
from  vim.org.  The vim source and runtime versions I
tried are 6.3,
6.2  and  6.1.  In  each   case,  after   "configure",
 "make"   and
"make install"  commands,  whenever  I  used   to
invoke  gvim,  it
terminated with SEGV (segmentation violation signal).

>From  my  observations,  I  found  that  gvim
receives  SEGV in the
processing of documentation files, most  probably
help.txt.  When I
removed the documentation files from the directory
/usr/local/share/vim/*,
I could invoke gvim without  SEGV.  Another  way of
confirming is to
invoke  gvim  just after compilation, means without
installing it in
the destination directory (in my case /usr/local). The
invocation is
done as src/vim and then issue ":gui" command inside
vim.

Best reagrds
Krishan Kant Jingar

=====