RE: new install problems

Denny Figuerres wrote:

> Some further testing shows that many of the .tiff files seem to be corrupt!
>
> When looking at the files in
> C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\share\WindowMaker\Icons
> With paintshoppro
> Version 8
>
> Most of the .tiff files are duplicated with .xpm and or .png versions that
> look identical. But several of the .tiff files show up as junk looks like
> some where the images were edited or saved with bad data or a bad header ...

This was reported a long time ago but since these reports vanished I always
thought the windowmaker maintainer has meanwhile fixed this.

> Also it looks like changing the /etc/passwd file to make my HOME a simple
> /home/user/
> Fixes many of the problems....
> It's not just the username having a space.... I think any folder name with a
> space is causing problems. And the default it picks of "Documents and
> settings"  gets parsed as
> Documents
> And
> Settings

The space in any part of the path will cause problems. But as far as I can
tell cygwin uses /home/$USERNAME as homedir except you set the environment
variable yourself. So the common problem is a space in the username. $TMP
may be a problem too since it points too "Documents and settings".

bye
    ago

NP: Lights of Euphoria - True Life
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723