Re: Is it somehow possible to start Windows applications from xterm so that they "remain" in X-Server area?

Hi,

> On Sun, 30 May 2004, Ariel Burbaickij wrote:
>
> > I guess the topic says it all, gentlemen ;-)
>
> No. There is currently no possibility to do this. The windows application
> uses GDI to draw to the screen.
>
> There is of course the possibility to catch the GDI calls at some point in
> the windows layers and translate them to X11 but there is currently no
> project which has managed to create at least code in alpha stage.

Sawanaka did that.
He ported PEACE on BSD to Cygwin, it seems to be called Cygpeace.
His site is wrote in Japanese. Please use online translation :)
http://www.d1.dion.ne.jp/~sawanaka/peace/

Screenshot of 'Mine Sweeper' on X
http://www.d1.dion.ne.jp/~sawanaka/peace/winmine.jpg

It has not been update since March 16, 2003.

Kensuke Matsuzaki