Re: Application working in multiroot environment but not in single root

> On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Ariel Burbaickij wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> > after some experience of success on last Friday I have
> > updated the system and my primary apllication does nopt
> > work in single root environment anymore but it works
> > very well in multimode one. Surely, there are at least
> > two possible culprits application itself and XFree86,
> > how can I found who is the most probabel culprit , ie.d
> > what does cause the application to behave in this way -
> > application itself or XFree86?
>
> I'd expect problem in multiwindow mode but not in singlewindow
> mode. With your constellation I'd expect an application bug.
>
> But please describe how your application works wrong.
>
> bye
> 	ago
> --
>  Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
>  http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723

Ok. Out of necessity in rather generic form.
There is monitoring window where some information
about some items is presented in graphical form.
One can choose from many maps  on which part of the information is
presented. Information is collected dynamically, i.e. queries are sent
to these items. First, one just gets window with background on which
items can be seen  as soon as information about them is collected, i.e.
first window form and backround and then subsequently the itmes appear.
This how the application IS supposed to work. Now how it works:
It just does not overcome the phase of window form and background
it stays in this phase for a while and quits afterwards, without showing
anything senseful. This happens only in single mode while displaying back
from Sun and it happens only on cygwin XFree86 server, no other X-servers
are affected.

With Best Regards
Ariel Burbaickij

--
+++ Jetzt WLAN-Router für alle DSL-Einsteiger und Wechsler +++
GMX DSL-Powertarife zudem 3 Monate gratis* http://www.gmx.net/dsl