Re: Cut&Paste in xterm

"Jason Dufair" <jase@dufair.org> wrote in message
news:<j70ise7b3sk.fsf@dufair.org>...
> I think I've finally gotten to the bottom of the problem.  I have
> discovered that highlighting in Rxvt does copy on to the Windows
> clipboard after all, but that pasting by clicking the middle mouse
> button does not work.  It turns out that I have my middle button set to
> double-click.  When I set my middle mouse button to "AutoScroll
> (default)", it pastes as expected.
>
> Is there any way for Cygwin/X to paste with the middle button in X
windows,
> regardless of what the driver setting is for the middle button?  Would
> this even be desirable?

You are essentially making your 3 button mouse a 2 button mouse then.  In
this scenario you click both buttons at once to get the affect of the
third button.  You may need to set -emulate3buttons.

Surfen!

My guess on the OP's problem - sounds like a misunderstanding of how
copy/paste works, since ctrl-c/ctrl-v is not used for copy/paste in xterm.
 Have you tried pasting with the middle mouse button?  If that solves your
problem, realize that the various X applications may have their own
methods and you need to discover how to do it properly for each.

Cary