Re: startx hangs on WinXP - Resolution

Jim,

IIRC, you only need the /tmp to be binary-mounted (and the fonts
directory, but that mount is forced to be binary by the font packages
postinstall scripts).  Instead of reinstalling everything with UNIX line
endings, you could have simply issued a

mount -f -b c:/cygwin/tmp /tmp

(provided your Cygwin root is in c:/cygwin).  There were two or three
threads on this in the past few days -- I'm surprised it hasn't come up in
your thread as well.  Just FYI.
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/