Re: window manager

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Chris W wrote:

> Ok I guess I need to be more specific.  I have a brand new install of
> cygwin.  I have been using cygwin for a while but this is my first try
> with the Xwin x server.  I just run the startxwin.bat file to start it.

By default, that starts Xwin in "multiwindow" mode which uses the Windows
window manager.

> What I want is to be able to change colors and font sizes on the fly and

AFAIK, font sizes are application specific and have nothing to do with the
window manager.

I'm not sure what you mean by colors.  You mean like the Windows desktop
themes?

> some way of opening more windows or other x applications with a menu of
> some kind.

Is Start->All Programs->Cygwin-X not sufficient?  You want a real X window
manager instead of the Windows one?

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer