Re: Cygwin/X crashes when using -clipboard; Win95; switched fromGnome to KDE on linux

Wilks, Dan said the following on 06/28/2004 05:31 PM:
Alexander Gottwald wrote:

Jay Smith wrote:

Hi Alexander,

Yes, I did get crashing from "simple cases" (i.e. plain text in a basic

KDE

xterm [konsole]). In a couple cases the crash was within a few seconds

and

in other cases I was able to do two or three copy/paste operations

before

it crashed.

konsole is different from xterm. konsole most likely uses qt functions for clipboard handling. But i doubt this makes any difference.

I am afraid that I haven't a clue how to track this down myself.

Does this error message give you any ideas?
   winClipboardErrorHandler - ERROR:
       BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)

No. Unfortunatly not. This error could result from any x11 call in the clipboard thread. I could add more output which at least prints the function called but this will only give minor hints. To find the code where it fails one would have to debug XWin.

Does the rest of the log output (in my original post) look correct? Are
there any clues there?

If this can't be solved, then it may mean that Windows 95 may be no

longer

supported for Cygwin/X.

I haven't been watching this entire thread but there is additional logging
code in the sources that I don't think have made it into an official release. Also, I did fix a few bugs that could cause a crash when text
was copied from X. Jay, have you tried building your own XWin32 from
the CVS sources? If you have, then you could try using -logverbose 3
to get additional clipboard messages.

Dan

Hi Dan,

No, I have not tried building... I don't have the knowledge/skill without very detailed instructions. I am willing to try anything to help fix things, but I am ignorant of how to do this stuff.

Jay