Re: xorg single window mode issue

Nate Schindler wrote:

> The problem I'm having on my windows 2003 box is running xorg in a single window.  What's happening is XWin loads fine, but won't actually display anything - the root window is hidden.  The tray icon appears, and clients connect to the X server properly, but the root window never shows up.  I'm not sure if this is specific to Windows 2003.  I haven't tried to duplicate it on another machine yet.

I had no chance to test XWin on Windows 2003. The invocation without any
special windowing parameters is in XWin for about 4 years now and is the
one I'm using regularily on windows 2000. I've not noticed any problems
with it on Windows 2000 and would suspect your bug to be small glitch with
the new windows version.

This weekend I'll search the source for differences between the nodecoration
and the normal startup.

Can you please send me the logfiles from starting xwin with -nodecoration and
without the windowing flags so I can search for differences there too.

bye
    ago
NP: Suicide Commando - Love Breeds Suicide
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723