Re: Performance problems on slow Win98 computers

Shachar Shemesh wrote:

> I have read somewhere that cygwin's X will use a shared memory driver if
> one is available. Could me not running the driver be the cause? Where
> can the driver be found (what cygwin package)?

The shared memory driver will do nothing for speed. You will need shared
memory if you want to use KDE on windows and for some other programs which
use the XSHM extension.

> Or is it just that the
> computer is simply not fast enough to run our X server?

Big performance killer are personal firewalls, live virus scanner and VPN
software.

bye
    ago
NP: Apoptygma Berzerk - Fade To Black