From: Ryder, Todd
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 12:40 PM
To: 'cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com'
Subject: Arrigo Benedetti - Cygwin-X hangs all at a sudden

I have the EXACT same problem with cygwin/X (see URL below, obtained via google search for "cygwin X11R6 server hangs").
Except I am running Windows 2000 Professional not XP.  This is my employer's machine, so I am assuming a recent Microsoft "critical update" patch or something has now broken the cygwin X server.

Is there any new word/advice regarding this issue.

Also, I see that xfree86 seems to have been removed from setup.exe?  Can you explain the relationship, if any, between xfree86 and X11?  As I said, it seems now that only X11 is available under setup.exe and all the XFree86 packages I (think) I once had installed show up under ZZZRemovedPackages under setup.exe.

Thanks.
Sincerely
Todd Ryder
todd.ryder@ngc.com