start vs run

At the end of my startxwin.bat script, here is how I launch my windows manger, and then connect up to a Fedora Core 2 machine:

start XWin -screen 0 1280 960 -clipboard -silent-dup-error
run xterm -geometry 80x24+0+0 -sb -leftbar -e ssh -Y mir04 /bin/bash --login -c gnome-session

This works (though I don't understand why I need -Y now instead of -X (I've seen the FAQ, but apparantly it just doesn't stick with me, or I just don't get it))

However, I end up with a prompt on my windows machine for the Xwin.exe server, and it spits out all kinds of debugging info.

If I change the "start" command to "run" when I execute the script, the X Server starts - it appears in the system tray - but it never appears as a window.  I can't get to the any of the X clients.  When I kill the X Server (from the system tray) it tells me that there are clients connected, but I don't see any.

Why does changing from start to run screw this up?  How do I get rid of this debug window?

Thanks,

Dan