Interrupts, xterm, bash and .cmd scripts

Hi all...

No luck for me over on the cygwin list, so I guess I should try here.

I'm having a problem with ^C while running weblogic server in either an xterm
or rxvt. This problem does not exist when running bash in the regular cmd
window.

The problem is that if I launch an xterm or rxvt and I then run the
startWeblogic.cmd script, typing a ^C will return me to the bash prompt, but
it will not kill the weblogic server I ran. The task manager will show the
java.exe process running, and the machine responds on the WLS port.

I'm pretty sure this is not isolated to the weblogic start script, but to all
.cmd scripts, but it is hard to tell.

When I run an xterm, I'm launching XWin using the cygwin run.exe with the
-clipboard -multiwindow options, and then launching xterm using run.exe /bin/
xterm. When I run rxvt, I just run it from a cmd window using "rxvt &".

This is on Window 2000 SP3.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

/greg

N.B. When I run the startWeblocig.sh (a bash script), ^C doesn't do anything.
I have to ^Z and kill -9 %<job>.

- --
Gregory F. March    |    http://www.gfm.net:443/~march    |    AIM:GfmNet

- --