Re: installing a window manager - help please - answers to helpersquestions

Right, I finally managed to get somewhere.  Not with fvwm, but at least
with a window manager, openbox.  In the end I had to:

- edit startx so that
defaultserverargs=""
because otherwise by default it will open in multiwindow mode which will
conflict with any window manager,

and then

- provide a C:\.xinitrc file which just contains
exec openbox

I then got overconfident and tried to configure, make and install fvwm2
(the latest version, which is required if you want to use fvwm-themes), and
it wasn't looking good so I decided I was being a bit fancy and cut my
losses, reverting back to openbox.  Maybe later.

Thanks for the help anyway guys.
cheers,
Ian

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended only for the use
of the addressee(s).  It may contain information that is confidential and
privileged.  If you are not an intended recipient, any use, interference
with, disclosure, distribution or copying of this material is unauthorised
and prohibited. If you receive this in error, please notify the author by
return e-mail or telephone +61-8-9273 7533.  Information in this message
not relating to the official business of DLI shall be understood as neither
given nor endorsed by it.  While every care is taken, it is recommended
that you scan any attachments for viruses. DLI liability is limited to
re-supplying affected attachments.