vanishing cursor

every so often, something triggers a bug in Xwin which makes the cursor vanish but only over an Xwin window. Only way to get back is to restart the X server (and windows).

another odd bug is that I noticed emacs tends to bleed through and pop up either ToolTips messages or menus even though a another (X or MS) window fully covers emacs.

thanks for any help that's available
---eric

--
Speech recognition in use.  It makes mistakes, I correct most