Re: Why doesn't "run XWin" show a window?

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004, Weeble wrote:

> The subject line says most of it really. When I "run XWin" no window
> appears even though the X appears in the tray. I've seen this on every
> machine I've tried it on.
>
> "XWin" alone will show the window as well as the console that opens with
> it.  Passing a parameter like  "run XWin -nodecoration" does have the
> expected effect of showing the XWin window but hiding the console. But
> why isn't the main window displayed if the parameter is missing when the
> command is used with run ?

We had reports of this before. Unfortunately the only difference between
XWin and XWin -nodecoration is one flag in window creation which must cause
the problem. But the different behaviour is not documented in any of
Microsoft Windows API documentation and we know of no other solution than
running with -nodecoration instead.

bye
	ago
--